How to make a unique dinner table that will brighten up any kitchen. This is very easy to do but the results are magnificent.
Here is what you will need:
- And old dinner table. It doesn't matter whether it has a class or wood top. Just make sure the construction is still sturdy enough.
- Flooring cement that you use to fit tiles.
- Old tiles in different colors and with different motives on the tiles
Here is what you must do:
- Take the old tiles and put them under a strong piece of cloth. Take a hammer and break the tiles in lots of smaller pieces. The cloth is to protect you from the tiles as it breaks.
- Take the floor cement and smear it on the table top as evenly as possible. Now start taking any of the broken pieces of tiles and fit it onto the cement. This is really a time to get as creative as possible.
- Let the cement dry and take some sandpaper to sand the edges nicely so that there are no sharp edges. I've seen some of these tables that has pictures that was created with the tiles.
This is only one way to make these tables. You can use anything this will stick to the cement. You can use pebbles, other pieces of glass and even hard wood types. The possibilities are huge.
The next time you are bored with the look of your kitchen, try this little project. I guarantee you will have lots of fun and the feeling of having done it yourself is amazing.
Autor: Drikus Botha Drikus Botha
Level: Basic PLUS
Drikus Botha has spend his life helping folks getting the best out of life by showing them the path to financial freedom. The increasing amount ... ...
Added: August 25, 2009