Tile grouting plays a significant role in proper installation of floor and wall tiles. The tiles can add all the more beauty to your surroundings. Some people appoint a professional to install the tiles because cutting and grouting process is considered as a cumbersome task. However, the task is easy, if you follow the given below steps.
1. Firstly, you should clean the excess debris that gets deposited near the joints with help of a stiff broom or cloth. Don't forget to wipe off the debris with perfection; otherwise the tiles will have gaps in between consecutive tiles which can lead to breaking of tiles in long run.
2. Take a bucket of 1 gallon capacity and pour some grout powder into it. Add few drops of water into the grout powder until a thick mixture is formed. Allow the mixture to stand for about 5 minutes. Never prepare excess grout because the solution gets dried on contact with air.
3. Now, take some grout mixture on a trowel and apply it between the joints of the wall tiles. Clean the excess grout as soon as possible with help of the trowel.
4. As soon as, you have utilized all the grout mixture, clean the trowel and keep it aside. Now, bring a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with fresh water. Take a sponge and dip it in the water. Now, gently clean the excess grout from the grouted wall tiles with help of the sponge. You should make sure that you don't clean the fresh grout between the tiles.
5. Now, repeat the above steps till the whole wall is grouted with perfection.
6. You need to conduct a re-grouting session to fill the empty spaces after cleaning the excess grout between the tiles.
Hence, you can grout your wall tiles by following the given below grouting steps.
Autor: Jason Colling
About the Author:
Jason Colling is a renowned writer, who has written articles on various interior designing techniques related to floor decor. His articles focus on various uses of porcelain tiles, wall tiles, natural stones and adhesives.
Added: May 9, 2009