Undertaking a DIY walls and ceiling plastering project for your home is a great way to give your house a new look as well as save up on costs incurred by hiring contractors. Apart from adding elegance to your home, plastering it will also act as a thermal barrier and help in maintaining room temperatures efficiently and cost effectively.
Before you start the process of applying plaster it is very important to understand the whole procedure by reading up about the essential steps of plastering in order to ensure a successful and clean finish. Being organized and well prepared with all the necessary equipments is also very important for a successful DY walls and ceiling plastering project. The following sections contain a list of guidelines to assist home owners in carrying out DIY walls and ceiling plastering project successfully and efficiently:
1. Get familiar with the procedure - The first step is to research the internet and read up about the process of DIY walls and ceiling plastering in order to have a sound idea of the procedure.
2. Buy the raw material and tools - Pick up all the raw material to make the plaster as well as the tools such as the mixing bucket, trowels etc. There is also DIY ready to mix plaster available in the market which can be very convenient and easy to apply
3. Use the help of other family members - While carrying out DIY walls and ceiling plastering getting the help of another family member can ease the process as well as make the task more enjoyable.
4. Cover the ground area - Before you begin plastering make sure that all the furniture as well as the flooring is fully covered. This will help you in decreasing your cleaning work later.
5. Organize equipments - Now organize all your equipments before mixing the plaster as the plaster starts hardening quickly.
6. Make a smooth mix - It is advisable to use cold water and a spacious bucket to make the mix. Ensuring that the mix has a smooth texture and is free of lumps will help you in giving a smooth finish to your home.
7. Apply the coats - Once the mix is ready use your trowel to apply an even coat. If you are using gypsum plaster you will have to use two coats.
8. Clean up after the process - Clean up all your equipments as well as your living area before the plaster hardens and become stubborn.
Autor: Melanie Hogeveen
So if you are thinking of taking up DIY Walls And Ceiling plastering project use the above mentioned instructions for a smooth finish and a fresh looking home. For more tips and insights please visit http://www.diyrepairhomes.com/walls-ceiling/
Added: December 29, 2009